Starts with the right coffee bean:
The Best Coffee is Made From Grade A Arabica Beans.
- Choose coffee made from Grade A Arabica beans.
- Choose coffee that has been recently roasted. This is the most important element – coffee tastes the best within one month after roasting.
- Smell the coffee beans – a strong smell indicates fresh beans.
- Invest in a coffee grinder and buy whole beans. Grind your coffee immediately before brewing. Once the coffee is ground, the flavor dissipates more quickly. We highly recommend investing in a burr grinder.
- When buying decaffeinated coffees, look for coffees that have been decaffeinated using the Swiss Water Process.
French Press Instructions:
- Heat water in kettle to boiling (measure water to match volume of French Press)
- Measure 1 oz. of coffee beans per 16 oz. of water.
- Grind coffee for a drip or French Press setting.
- Put coffee in French Press
- Add some hot water to coffee grounds and allow it to soak 1 minute.
- Add remaining water, stir, then cover with lid. Steep for 3 minutes.
- Slowly press lid to bottom and pour.